More Timely Than Ever!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Chris Matthews Takes Two Hits

Hey, I neglected to post my two latest offerings, both of which show my favorite cable talking head is full of baloney:

"TGIF: Progressive Intolerance" scolds Chris Matthews for pretending that those of us who reject Keynesian economics hate science.

"Conservatives Don't Hate Government" is an op-ed that debunks Matthews's absurd claim about conservatives by showing how committed they are to using government for all kinds of things.

I really should stop watching Hardball.

1 comment:

Grung_e_Gene said...

You are correct, conservatives just hate certain aspects of government and many have been duped and lied into believing Republicans hate expanding the scope, intrusiveness and power of government.

I would like a smaller government, but I won't fool myself into believing if the US Government was shrunk down to 1/100th it's size now something wouldn't rush in to fill that power vacuum.

What I think would happen is large multi-national corporate conglomerates would expand in scope and power and the libertarian ethic of no initiation of force would be laughably ignored as fracking, deep sea off shore drilling, toxic chemical dumping, mountaintop removal, carcinogen-laden products, would be forced onto people without any recourse.

Now, the problem is many of these things are happening now, against and sometimes with the help of government, and this is viewed as illustrating government's ineffectiveness or evil but I think it illustrates the mendacious nature of many people in power.

So, I don't know... But, I don't feel lessened by stating I don't know...