More Timely Than Ever!

Friday, February 08, 2008

The Crazy Arithmetic of Voting

The hoopla over Super Tuesday reminded me of an essay I read long ago by Bruno Leoni (1913-1967), an Italian legal scholar and great champion of liberty. I've been meaning to discuss the many important themes in his book, Freedom and the Law (expanded third edition), and will surely return to it in the near future. But for now I'll focus on the final chapter, "Voting Versus the Market."
The rest of this week's TGIF, "The Crazy Arithmetic of Voting," is at the Foundation for Economic Education website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recent wrote something about arithmetics and voting as well and I came to a similar conclusion about a different topic, strategy for actually achieving freedom. Basically, for all the inputs it takes to organize a successful campaign, the same number of inputs could be applied to the market/Agorist system with a much higher output.


Also, I've long wanted to do something with Bruno Leoni's work as a sort of homage to the Italian genius; he really was quite brilliant.